Today I put in the mail the application for my Fictitious Business Name, and once that's done, I can publish and start using it. Oddly enough, although this is only now a mom and pop business (no pun intended, but a good one, eh?) I am thinking I am also going to register the name of the business -- you know, get the whole TM thing going. Who knows? I may become the next big elder care franchise.
I'd rather think too big than too small!
Oddly enough, the people who have inspired me to go into business for myself are four former high school classmates with whom I've only recently and intermittently reconnected: Rob, Melissa, Eric, and Mike. More recently, Stacy got her own business up and running. I figure if they can do it, what's stopping me from making a try? Thanks to all of you for the inspiration.
I have decided that no matter what the outcome is of the whole foray into entrepreneurship, I am just glad to be working on a new project that requires me to think and learn.
On another note, from a recent post about Medicare costs, I see that someone recently wrote about a variety of possible healthcare costs in retirement. Finally, someone is addressing the fact that not all of us are going to need a quarter of a million dollars for health care in retirement. Average means average!
Many will need much, much more, though, and I would imagine that very few, if any, of those will be able to pay for their own health care. I know at least one person for whom Medicaid pays over $90,000 a year, just for one medication among the many she takes, and I am certain she's not alone in such medical needs.
It's just another reminder to keep taking better care of myself, physically and mentally, so I stay on the low end of healthcare costs.
http://finance.yahoo.com/focus-retirement/article/112604/medicare-drug-cost-coverage-smartmoney?mod=fidelity-livingretirement&cat=fidelity_2010_living_in_retirement
No comments:
Post a Comment